We are looking for an ambitious, bright, entrepreneurial and high-spirited procurement professional with both the analytical and soft skills to tackle tough challenges and work with suppliers in our procurement process. As a Category Manager you will join a fantastic Procurement team at one of the fastest growing scale-ups in the country. Our ideal applicant has experience in purchasing but is hungry to learn a new business and make an impact at a fun, fast-growing, mission-driven meal kit delivery service business.
- Strategically develop and optimise our supplier network country-wide for a category
- Be responsible for providing procurement advice, price updates, reporting, replenishment, compliance & tenders
- Coordinate and negotiate with suppliers
- Work with suppliers to ensure on-time, on-spec deliveries or discuss shortages/missed deliveries
- Research and develop relationships with new suppliers
- Be comfortable making split-second decisions with far reaching consequences
- Assist with cost reporting and invoice validation
- Solve problems on-the-go in a fast-paced environment
You are/have ...
- Vast knowledge and interest in food
- Bachelor’s degree / Masters in Supply Chain/Procurement (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of purchasing experience, preferably in food (but not a must)
- Quantitative and analytical experience, including solid comfort with Excel
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work
- Entrepreneurial and can make things happen
- Experience using HelloFresh is a plus!
What you'll get in return...
- The opportunity to get into one of the fasted growing food businesses in Australia
- Heavily discounted HelloFresh boxes
- Direct, high impact on our future operations setup from day one
- Freedom to realise your ideas to create effective solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Mentoring and coaching by senior management