We’re hiring a Shipping Manager to lead local shipping processes for our distribution centers, including planning, communication, and execution. In this role, you will supervise teams, ensuring safe working environment, and motive teams to exceed expectations. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to manage teams to execute final mile delivery to ensure customer deliveries are made on time, with available resources.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the shipping team (early morning, overnight, and backroom teams) and yard operations.
- Supervise your team to ensure efficient and safe operations of shipping activities.
- Develop your team by ensuring proper training, day-to-day coaching, and certifications are completed.
- Recommend and implement technology to manage the shipping processes, freight flow, productivity results, and backroom inventory.
- Recruit, select and develop and retain talented team members.
- Manage carrier relationships and planning function to ensure timely deliveries to sorts and customers while ensuring cube utilization; communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance.
- Customer focused—Keep customers in mind at all times; leading teams to deliver on customer needs.
- Team focused—able to inspire, lead, and develop others to achieve work with high standards.
- Driven for Results— Push projects to completion with a sense of urgency. Focus activities with positive customer outcomes in mind.
- A clear communicator—with solid written and oral communications skills. Able to clearly coordinate and provide information to co-workers.
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent, or 8+ years’ supervision experience for distribution shipping industry/operations.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years’ Supervisor level experience in distribution shipping industry/operations.
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to continuously move around all areas of the operations, as well as ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours—including nights and weekends.
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced startup environments and or food industry.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!