At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
HelloFresh is hiring a Shipping Manager to lead local shipping processes for our distribution center in Texas! As Shipping Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day operations within the functional areas of shipping, distribution of goods, and logistics. We are looking for a hands-on leader who will go out in front to drive productivity, optimize performance, and incite change from within.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the shipping team (early morning, overnight, and backroom teams) to execute final mile delivery to ensure customer deliveries are made on time, with available resources.
- Manage a team of supervisors, leads and associates in shipping, including: interviewing, hiring, and onboarding employees; training and development; workforce planning and scheduling; tracking performance & productivity; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues
- Manage carrier relationships and planning function to ensure timely deliveries to sorts and customers while ensuring cube utilization; communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance.
- Recommend and implement technology to manage the shipping processes, freight flow, productivity results, and backroom inventory.
- Collaborate with other departments in the distribution center to solve problems and drive improvements.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures.
- Track and analyze data (Microsoft Excel & Google apps).
- Maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations among team members.
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change from within, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: you have vision, passion and true grit; you enjoy thinking outside the box and constantly challenge the status quo
- Agile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily, you adapt quickly to change and know how to deliver results in a fast-paced, autonomous environment
- Results-driven: you understand there is not a one-size-fits-all approach when problem-solving and enjoy grinding away at issues to find a solution
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
- Customer-focused: you are slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; will consider applicants with high school diploma and 5+ years relevant experience
- 3+ years of outbound operational leadership within food distribution (direct to consumer/eCommerce a plus)
- Background in warehousing, distribution and/or fulfillment; preferably direct to consumer / eCommerce
- Strong people and performance management; our culture is a critical part of our success and you’ll help drive it
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Interest in spending most of your time on the shop floor and working directly with all levels of staff
- Effective communication and presentation skills across all levels and departments
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics with great follow-through on tasks
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous PTO policy and paid parental leave of 16 weeks
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.