Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Porto Tech Center (PTC) is Jumia’s IT development center, with around 200 IT-specialists. Porto Tech Center was created in 2012 with the aim of focusing on IT development. At PTC, we provide you with a unique and exciting opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and develop smart solutions for our group companies. We do e-commerce online shops, logistics, business intelligence and mobile applications, involving a wide range of high-end technologies for tens of millions customers. The software we create is present in more than 20 countries. Working at PTC means being in the first line of e-commerce development in emerging markets.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- Drive one or more Scrum Teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements in the forms of Epics, Themes and Stories
- Backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum best practices and values
- Partnering with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Providing an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Understanding knowledge of the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Represents the customer, interfaces and engages the customer
- 3-5 year(s) experience working as a Product Owner in a technology environment
- Solid Agile experience
- Understanding of technology, language and applications
- Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and identify technical and business changes required to address them
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across technology and the business teams
- Experience supporting/rolling out initiatives to commercial teams
- Experience with demand generation, account/territory management, opportunity management and contact management capabilities, functionality and workflows
Expected personal skills :
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.