Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Porto Tech Center (PTC) is Jumia’s IT development center, with around 200 IT-specialists. Porto Tech Center was created in 2012 with the aim of focusing on IT development. At PTC, we provide you with a unique and exciting opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and develop smart solutions for our group companies. We do e-commerce online shops, logistics, business intelligence and mobile applications, involving a wide range of high-end technologies for tens of millions customers. The software we create is present in more than 20 countries. Working at PTC means being in the first line of e-commerce development in emerging markets.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
The Product Owner for Growth will be integrated in our Jumia Food team and will be focused on end Customer features, improving Google Analytics and SEO and implementing A/B testing.
His/her focus will be articulating with stakeholders, deciding and specifying new site features and improvements, linking business demands and product vision.
- Ensure the business vision, goals and roadmap are properly created implemented an disseminated in accordance with high-level stakeholders needs in a challenging and competitive environment
- Work with stakeholders across multiple geographies to understand the assigned topics, research and specify new site features and enhancements, write user stories
- Manage pro-actively expectations and communication of all company stakeholders (Marketing, Shop & Category Management, CRM, Business Intelligence, Operations, Development team)
- As a member of the SCRUM team, work closely with designers, developers and other product owners, providing direction and participating in the team ceremonies and meetings
- Responsible for defining and describing its assigned topics by keeping the backlog groomed and ensuring the features and topics are constantly and properly described, prioritized and refined
- Provide a high-quality experience to our users by ensuring the product is accurate, up to date, and compliant with defined quality standards
- Find solutions for need that may arise and prioritize them based on market research, costumer behavior, product performance and data analysis
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company
- Fulfill other duties that are necessary for company well-being, safety and security
- Experience/Knowledge working with Google Analytics and GTM
- Experience/Knowledge with SEO
- Experience/Knowledge implementing A/B tests
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to actively manage competing priorities, requirements and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate globally and work cross-functionally with other teams
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Analytical approach
- Experience in software development agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Previous experience in product management in E-commerce or related field
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.