JumiaProduct Management | Porto, PT
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
• Communicate and advocate the product vision for Jumia Financial and Digital products;
• Work with product owners, internal stakeholders, Operations and key technical resources to identify and prioritize epics to be added to team backlogs;
• Promote user tests and focus groups to understand and validate business needs and translate them in the product backlog;
• Support product teams in the definition, prioritization and refinement of their product backlogs;
• Ensure consistency across different products and ensure good cross team communication and coordination;
• Promote product quality and long-term sustainability by helping technical teams defending and demonstrating the value of purely technical projects and practices;
• Create a good framework to communicate, promote the usage and track business performance of newly released features;
• Lead the UX/UI design team and promote consistency with other Jumia verticals.
• Bachelor or Master degree in engineering/scientific domain or related;
• Willingness to travel to Europe and African countries (up to 25% of working hours);
• At least 6 years of working experience in web/tech environment;
• At least 3 years of working experience in managing product teams;
• Previous experience in fintech/payment/banking platforms would be a plus;
• Passion for web technologies;
• Ability to collaborate globally and work cross-functionally with other teams;
• Analytical approach;
• Detail-oriented mindset;
• Experience in software development agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban);
• Fluent in English.
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Please send your CV in English. CV in other languages will not be considered.