At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Senior Director of Sales will lead the face-to-face sales organization for HelloFresh in the US (our largest market). The Senior Director of Sales owns the relationship with prospective customers and is responsible for ensuring that HelloFresh continues to be the leading meal kit provider in the US, and sustains our significant growth momentum, and one of the largest Direct-to-consumer online businesses globally.
- Be responsible for end-to-end performance of the HelloFresh Sales division, with key objectives including:
- Sales volume
- Customer acquisition cost
- Customer quality
- Return on investment
- Continue to build our (several hundred people strong) nationwide Sales organization, across:
- Talent attraction
- Talent retention
- Building and sustaining a high performance culture
- Define our growth strategy for Sales, with core components including:
- Geographical expansion
- Channel expansion
- Product strategy, including devising ways to leverage our “multi-brand” strategy in face-to-face sales
- Customer incentives strategy
- Lead a combination of Regional Managers and Sales Operations teams to deliver the growth strategy, setting and meeting ambitious targets
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners across Growth, Brand, Operations, Technology & People teams to provide an exceptional customer and employee experience and drive results
- Effectively manage resources needed to deliver profitable growth; including budgeting, optimizing fixed cost expenses, creating the optimal sales team structure and designing the staff compensation and incentive programs
- Provide integrated customer and competitor insights to the leadership team to inform broader company-wide strategy
At a minimum, you have...
- Direct B2C sales experience, either in an agency or client-side, having spent time “in the field” and progressed to a managerial / leadership role
- Passion for our product
- Evidence of very fast career growth / trajectory, and high ambition levels
- Strong and proven leadership skills, ideally having overseen a team of >100
- A highly data-driven approach to decision-making and strategy formation
- Experience building sales teams through a period of rapid expansion or from scratch
- Experience devising and implementing different customer and employee incentive structures to optimize performance
- Highly customer-focused with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects against deadlines
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Competitive Total Rewards Package & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.