Discover Restaurants with Discounts! DiscoEat changes the way restaurants are booked. DiscoEat is a technology-based restaurant discovery platform where users can book tables with discounts between 10% to 50%, every restaurant, every day. For restaurants, DiscoEat is a yield management tool. Every empty table costs a restaurant money due to high fixed costs. We help our partners to generate significantly higher revenues and profits by filling empty seats - mainly during off-peak hours.
About the Role
As a Business Development & Marketing Intern you will be playing a key role in improving the business strategy, build partnerships and help DiscoEat expand in Berlin and beyond. You will proactively be part of further shaping business processes and the starting phases of a new, well-funded, startup. In this position, you will have a high degree of responsibility and develop a broad skill set.
- Work closely with the DiscoEat Team to participate in and contribute to business decisions and further expansion (especially focussed on Vietnamese and other Asian Cuisines)
- Support our rollout strategies within different Districts in Berlin (and other cities in Germany) and determine the steps for a rollout
- Work closely with the marketing team (in German language) for online & offline campaigns addressing the DiscoEat user base
- Work closely with the sales team to develop our footprint with Vietnamese restaurants and take ownership yourself
Desired Experience Background
- You are currently enrolled as a university student, ideally studying a business/ management related subject and at least in your 3rd semester
- Experience from previous internships in Business Development or Marketing, ideally in a startup
- Previous experience in a restaurant/ gastronomy/ table booking platform/ delivery service related environment is a plus, but not required
- Available for at least 3 months, ideally for 6 months
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Eagerness to learn
- Result-oriented, open-minded way of thinking
- Proactive, well-structured and detail-oriented task approach
- Able to speak German & Vietnamese fluently, other languages are a big plus
What we offer
- Learning environment to develop your skills in multiple business areas with high degree of responsibility
- Young, energized, international and highly motivated team
- True start-up atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- Well funded start-up with secure jobs
- Inspiring work environment with wide range of responsibilities and capacity to take action
Be part of an exciting journey to transform the way restaurants are booked in Berlin. If you are a student who is looking to make a difference and get experience a fast growing tech startup and want to be part of our company success story, then we are looking for you!