Finance | Berlin, Germany
Rocket Internet incubates and invests in Internet companies with proven business models. It provides operational support to its companies and helps them scale internationally. Rocket Internet focuses predominantly on four industry sectors of online and mobile retail and services that make up a significant share of consumer spending: Food & Groceries, Fashion, General Merchandise and Home & Living. Rocket Internet’s selected companies are active in a large number of countries around the world with more than 28,000 employees.
As an Investment Team Assistant (m/f) @Global Founders Capital, you have the chance to gain significant experience in Finance and Startups without any previous relevant experience. This internship is intended for motivated candidates in the period between school graduation and the beginning of university studies. This is an ideal opportunity to lay the foundation for successful business career.
You will tackle the challenges of supporting our Investment team in identifying new investments opportunities and assisting the Senior Vice President of Investments at Rocket.
You gain an inside perspective on Internet startups and build up deep functional expertise. Furthermore, you will organize, prepare and participate in meetings with senior executives of private equity firms, investment banks, target companies and, of course, Rocket itself. The following tasks will be part of your new role:
· You support our executives/leaders in scheduling appointments and running urgent errands
· You take part in excel modelling and conducting financial analyses
· You take part in researching and identifying investment opportunities
· You draft presentations and handle the communication with external parties
· You support the team in recruitment & organizing job interviews for our executives/leaders
· You take ownership and work highly independently on various projects
· You have completed / are completing your Gymnasium / A-Levels / Baccalauréat / High School equivalent
· You have a proven track record of academic achievements
· You have already shown drive to succeed and learn by side jobs, internships or full-time activities in companies or non-commercial associations
· You have exceptional analytical skills and a strong attention to detail, as well as a hands-on mentality
· You have good knowledge of Microsoft Windows
· You enjoy working independently and having lots of responsibility
· You are fluent in English
Rocket powers a global network of companies with unique reach, extensive resources and exceptional people. You’ll be based in Berlin, one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic cities. The Rocket Tower offers you high-end offices, a roof terrace, a free gym as well as free fruits, cereals and drinks. You’ll get access to our exclusive events (Rocket University, Hackathons, Parties...) and unique career opportunities across our network. For top-performers during the internship, we also offer full-time employment after your internship.
ROCKET OWNERSHIP - Our dedicated program for junior talent.
Learn. Connect. Impact.
Rocket Ownership advances the notion of ‘internships’ to meet the exceptional nature of our candidates. We want you to take ownership of assignments that directly impact the success of the company. Benefit from regular feedback and attend exclusive events in order to build an influential network and launch your global career.
Up for a challenge?
We welcome your application in English to join our global network.