Rocket Internet Capital Partners (“RICP”) is the largest early and growth stage European Internet venture capital fund, with USD 1.0 billion commitments from primarily financial institutions, pension funds, asset managers, foundations and high net worth individuals. The fund held its first close in January 2016 and has since been investing in the global Internet sector, key focus areas include marketplaces, e-commerce, financial technology, software and travel.
The fund invests alongside Rocket Internet, which incubates, invests and scales Internet business models around the globe. Rocket Internet is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, has a market capitalization of more than EUR 3 billion.
- Preparation of the quarterly limited partner reporting package (in English language)
- Maintaining key portfolio data and legal library on all investments
- Supporting the investment approval process
- Reviewing in depth the work performed by the fund’s administrator/accountant
- Monitoring and reconciliation of cash flows; liaising with the administrator on payments
- Supporting the annual audit and tax preparation
- Preparing information for capital calls
Set-up of the RICP Controller role:
- You will work interdisciplinary with colleagues from the corporate finance, valuation, treasury, tax and investment sourcing teams
- You will work with external service providers such as the fund’s administrator, depository, alternative investment fund manager, tax accountants, lawyers and auditors
- You will be based in Berlin, the multi-cultural capital of Germany and Internet hotspot on the European continent
- You gained 2+ years of working experience in a corporate accounting / controlling team or at an accountancy / audit firm
- You earned a degree in business administration or a related field with a focus on accounting / controlling
- You work highly detail oriented and strive to ensure the highest level of data quality
- You communicate well with stakeholders internally and external service providers
- You possess solid Excel skills to perform data analysis
- You are a native German speaker (or can communicate verbally and in writing like one) and have excellent English skills, our working language
Working at Rocket means taking ownership from day one and giving everything for our projects to make a meaningful and sustainable impact. For our businesses to go from zero to launch, we remain focused while being confident. Our colleagues from more than 70 nationalities act as an interconnected team that exchanges across country borders to ensure maximum efficiency. We expect to win with every company we build and every action we take.